Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Document Services - QA Automation Engineer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
* Develop tests from scratch using data-driven test automation framework functional/GUI validation of Homesite Platforms and products and related components.
* Assist in defining processes and standards for implementing test automation
* Develop, Enhance and maintain tools/applications for a test automation framework supporting automated functional testing using a combination of off-the-shelf and custom-built systems.
* Establish requirements, Evaluate and Recommend test automation tools.
* Estimate and plan for development of test automation scripts, testing, error resolution, Test Env boundaries.
* Define processes and standards for implementing test automation.
* Create automated tests for functional/GUI validation of Homesite Platforms and products and related components.
* Manage the Test Environments to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all regression testing.
* Assist project team members with infrastructure and application data generation.
* Evaluate overall system usability, work tightly with business partners, application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups for full breath of application regression testing
* Work closely with the test management teams to establish testing environment state, data staging, test Data management
- 5+ years of experience in functional, regression, and integration testing of web and client-server applications
- Experience with at least two of the following test automation software: SilkTest, QTP, WinRunner, Rational Robot, Fanfare iTest, TestComplete, Selenium, WebLoad.
- Experience designing and building Test Automation frameworks from scratch
- Must be able to develop in QTP using descriptive programming
- Strong database skills with hands on SQL query writing and back end validation
- Good knowledge and experience in software testing methodology, test development, and test execution involving multiple types of testing (e.g., Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and Performance)
- Must have proven skills in defect documentation and creation of solid testing artifacts
- Must have solid foundation with test automation concepts and methods including an understanding of black box, grey box and white box testing.
- Self-starter and independent. Strong trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and a team player willing to go all out to find a solution.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!