Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Software Engineer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Homesite is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to deliver quality software solutions by leading a team of software engineers, and providing technical leadership, while being hands on. The individual is also responsible for building new applications and features, while providing troubleshooting support on reported issues, and will work with the business to measure the impact and deliver the solutions in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expert knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring Boot, JMX, JUnit, J2EE -> JPA, JAXB, Spring MVC, Maven
- Strong knowledge in developing front-end web applications using React.js, Backbone.js & node.js.
- Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs using micro services architecture
- Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture.
- Strong understanding of git, bitbucket, jira, confluence, swagger (api documentation).
- Working knowledge of Relational (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Redis, Memcached)
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodology
- Learns fast in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred).
- Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, and RDS preferred).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a team of software engineers that develops and supports business applications.
- Designs software solutions while working with multiple IT and business teams.
- Responsible for design and code reviews delivered by the team.
- Work with QA team, review the test plans and ensure the application is tested for changes accurately.
- Ensure all the team members are assigned issues and resolved in the timely manner.
- Learn new tools, design and programming techniques to improve the efficiencies in the systems.
- Mentors the team members to enhance their development and troubleshooting techniques.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!