Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Req Number: MECHA01896
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: East Syracuse, NY, United States
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
INFICON is not providing sponsorship.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of new ideas and solutions for new product development as well as supporting current products modification and improvements based on in-service needs and market strategy. You will support the concept, design and implementation of mechanical parts, subassemblies and final products. You will work closely with a new product development team of engineers, scientists, operations, advanced procurement, and marketing personnel on efficiently managed project teams where you are expected to meet or exceed performance, cost, and time line goals.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Design and develop complex scientific instrumentation products using Siemens NX software
- Ensuring proper feasibility and mitigations of risks when developing new technical ideas. Evaluate them against requirements, quality, timeline and cost
- Design solutions that are manufacturable, serviceable, and reliable
- Lead or contribute in product design reviews, spec requirements, DFMEA, and PFMEA
- Collaborate with the V&V team to assure a quality and reliable product
- Create or modify detail drawings, assembly drawings, and bills of materials for complex systems
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Seven years or more of relevant experience
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling and experience with a PDM system.
- Proficiency of mechanical engineering design principles, practices, and methods
- Must be able to work well in cross-functional teams and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have passion, self-motivated, great attention to detail, ability to multitask, and enthusiasm for learning
- Experience leading other team members
- Experience in design of scientific instruments, vacuum design, and/or high precision designs
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis; thermal and/or structural analyses
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)