Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Industrial Engineering Manager
Req Number: PROCE01876
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: East Syracuse, NY, United States
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
The Process Engineering Manager reports to the Head of Operations Engineering. The Process Engineering Manager is a member of the EQ&S Team and owns the process engineering function including leading and coaching a team of 5-7 technical engineers that report directly to the position. The EQ&S team is responsible for the development of production processes and products (Process Flows, pFMEA, Control Plan) in collaboration with integration engineering, design teams, design for manufacture (dFMEA), collaborating on production fixturing & test equipment, process control, process development, continuous lean improvement, and training.
Together with the EQ&S team, the Process Engineering Manager is responsible for coaching and leading the process engineering staff, leading the development of robust high yielding production processes from concept to implementation, ensuring state of the art process control through use of data acquisition and analytics (SPC), and driving excellence in production training in collaboration with the production team.
The Process Engineering Manager will present a clear and defined direction for the team, set improvement priorities, drive standardization, insist on continuous improvement, and ensure processes are in place that maximize value and satisfaction for our customers. The Process Engineering Manager must be able to work and influence cross–functionally as this position will interface with R&D, Product Development, Operations Production team, Operations Quality team, and Product Teams.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Process Engineering Team Leadership: Provide leadership to ensure that the process engineering team is highly competent, action oriented, customer centric, and accountable for attainment of goals. Responsible for hiring, team management, and talent development within the process engineering team. Foster a spirit of collaboration from design through production.
- Strategy: Contribute to EQ&S team direction definition including production technology direction, equipment and process standardization, and new process development for future customer needs.
- Technology: Drive adoption of new trends including technologies, platforms, standards, and methodologies to ensure production excellence.
- Minimal requirement: BS in Engineering with 5 -7+ years' experience in progressively more responsible engineering and management roles with a strong preference for at least 5+ years of leadership experience. A master's degree is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with strong preference for Black Belt & Master Black Belt
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing, monitoring, and deriving value from Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM)
- Demonstrated history of developing engineering talent and teams.
- Experience in high cleanliness, tight tolerance, and high mix manufacturing environments.
- High level of integrity/accountability; honesty; treats people with respect; viewed as a role model; ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust, and support with other levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple projects while providing leadership to the process engineering team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated to achieve and promote high levels of performance.
- Lifelong learner; technologically savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel; up to 10% (includes international travel).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)