Req Number: SOUTH01811
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located in the South Atlantic Territory in a remote home office. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
Responsible for direct sales of primarily Leak Detection products (90%); but also Vacuum Control products within the key industrial base of end users and OEMs consisting of, but not limited to Automotive Tier 1 and Tier 2 sub suppliers, Production Leak Detection customers and RAC within geographical area of North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
Key Market Segment is Automotive, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning and production Leak Detection.
$1.3M+ in Direct Sales with potential to grow to $2M in 2-3 years
• Generate sales among new users and existing customers to increase product volume against previous year’s sales and meet aggressive forecast.
• Supply technical supports, technical training, start up and evaluation assistance of all products assigned.
• Accurately forecast annual and quarterly sales for territory by product line.
• Supply market feedback on products, accounts, and competitive trends.
• Maintain high visibility at major key accounts in automotive and other major accounts to determine key decision makers and to set up product/application seminars, so as to solidify relationships using the INFICON Key Account Plan.
• Under minimal supervision and using judgment and discretion, sell all INFICON products within sales territory, with emphasis on LDT products.
• Provide technical advice to current and potential customers regarding specific application of company products to meet customer needs.
• Maintain positive relationships with existing customer base.
• Maintain positive contact with sales and other company personnel to maintain team effort with customers. Attend trade shows, seminars, and training sessions to keep informed of current trends in Semi market and competitive products and activities.
• Maintain ability to fully demonstrate full line of all products to customers. Prepare quotes, correspondence; submit forecasts, monthly reports,
• CRM updating and forecasting and Account Plans along with other information as requested.
• Make recommendations concerning product line revisions, pricing changes, and sales policy changes. Assist with development of sales/marketing plan for territory, and implement plan to meet sales quota by product category and dollar volume.
• Provide feedback to Sales Management and INFICON Marketing on a routine basis; including monthly reports in the areas of industry trends, new application/product opportunities, product design features, competitive activity, key account happenings, and training needs.
• Actively promote INFICON Quality Program by dealing with all customers in a positive and supportive manner.
• Work to maintain INFICON’s ISO 9001 Registration by keeping procedures and files up-to-date, recommending improvements as appropriate, and maintaining an awareness of pertinent procedures in all departments.
• Use social media and other online tools to prospect and network within the automotive and target markets.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, chemistry, physics, or equivalent technical area.
• Two or more years of work experience in a technical sales occupation or industrial manufacturing experience.
• Must be able to climb ladders to inspect equipment
• Must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time via driving and flight
• Requires lifting up to 50lbs (occasionally lifting up to 85lbs) of benchtop leak detection equipment and carry possibly up stairs.
• Computer experience (MS Office) with CRM sales automation software experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)