Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Interior Designer - Assistant/Junior Level
at Interior Motives
IMI Design is a well respected, high energy, and creative interior design firm that believes that beauty has a positive uplifting effect on the human spirit. We are looking for a amazingly talented, creative and brilliant designer to add to this wonderful team! As a small company, we exhibit a strong cooperative mentality where we all pitch in to help accomplish quite amazing feats. IMI has been rewarded with a great clientele of luxury residential projects and image oriented commercial spaces that are a designer's dream in which to participate. To meld well within our organization, you will need to have a strong work ethic, impeccable aesthetics and a like a fast paced atmosphere...there are lots of colorful balls in the air. In addition we would like our new team members to have strong organizational skills, good communication abilities and most of all be fun to be around ...because we are! We are seeking to fill both an assistant and junior designer position.
*** A design portfolio is required. Please include a link or attachment when submitting your resume ***
- Research and Program design project based on client's goals and requirements for both remodel and new build projects
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of design principles and lifestyle function solutions in creating design plan
- Produce documents such as floor plans, elevations, RCPS, detail drawings, and specifications that interface with both the clients and design/build team
- Demonstrate strong skills in developing interior palettes of floor, hard surfaces, wall finishes, etc
- Design architectural details such as ceilings, fireplaces, built ins, and the like
- Exhibit Industry knowledge and specify appropriate solutions for plumbing, cabinetry, appliances, lighting ,etc
- Design and Select soft furnishings such as window treatments, furniture, area rugs, art,accessories, etc.
- Prepare budgets and/or quotes for client projects and demonstrate value engineering abilities as needed
- Must have excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Must be AutoCad proficient. Sketch-Up Modeling desired.
- Must have proficient computer skills (MS Office). Must be skilled in creating, editing and basic formulas in MS Excel spreadsheets to manage job summary/projects.
- Knowledge of interior finishes and materials
- Knowledge of soft furnishings: furniture, window treatments, area rugs, art and accessories
- Demonstrated strong work ethics and integrity
- Reliable, resourceful and diligent
- Team player has excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and a problem solver
- Skillful self- time management
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Interior Design
- Minimum of 1 year project experience
Please submit resume, salary history and portfolio to the provided email
Please no phone calls or drop ins.