Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
We are looking for a highly motivated person willing to learn powertrain testing activities and willing to dive into complex engine, transmission, and axle test designs.
Design powertrain system level and component level test fixtures using Catia V5 and SDRC Ideas.
Create detail drawings of assemblies and fixtures, using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
Store all CAD data in Teamcenter (TCe), use TCe to create top down assemblies and bottom up assemblies.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
- High School diploma required
- Requires working knowledge of drafting equipment and basic knowledge and understanding of drafting principles (descriptive geometry, lettering, dimensioning, layout, detail, etc.) and require a general working knowledge of shop processes associated with fixture design.
- Ability to do CAE and FEA analysis in Catia v.5.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office tools: Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Previous vocational school training or experience desirable. Two (2) years training from a vocational training school or two (2) years college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles plus four (4) years' experience preferred.
- Experience in or knowledge of automotive is a plus.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position (specify and provide % of time required)
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs, 25%
- Climbing: 25%
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, safety shoes.
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (90%), Standing (25%), Bending (10%), stopping (10%), frequently walking up and down stairs (1 hour). Job requires manual labor
- High noise level: Hearing protection may be required in some areas.
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: NA
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, 100%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: NA
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Air driven sockets, basic hand tools, 10%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 4:00PM but must be able to support our flexible test schedule into other shifts and/or weekends
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Day shift
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work afternoons to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions (List other essential functions here.)
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.