Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JBT Corporation
SUMMARY: Under minimal supervisory guidance, works directly with Customers and Engineers, as a part of a development team, Production Engineers and customer service to develop and maintain the controls that are needed for aircraft ground support equipment. Must be willing and able to help develop user interfaces, air conditioning and power control systems and be able to program controls and monitoring systems for power generating engines and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- PLC software development and testing – experience with Codesys (Beckhoff, IFM), and some Rockwell (RS Logix 5000)
- HMI application development and testing
- Knowledge of Visual Studio environment is a plus
- Basic understanding of Electrical and control system design (Schematics/Wiring Diagrams and components)
- Industrial Networks Knowledge – CAN, Modbus, BACnet and/or Ethernet/IP
- Ability to create, test and debug code from product specification
- Required physical testing and troubleshooting of products in a field/outdoor environment
- Provide technical consultation to field service, sales and marketing personnel and externally customers. Technical support may include phone, e-mail, and text support, along with spending up to 30 percent in the field install, testing and troubleshooting control systems.
- Ability to work within an engineering team
- Develop and update documentation such as product control sequences, training documents
Involvement in continuous improvement
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree and three to five years related experience and/or training Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- HVAC and/or airport-gate equipment product and service knowledge preferred
- Programming with IEC 61131-3 (PLC and/or PC controls and HMI) languages experience required. Microsoft Visual Studio (.Net or C#) experience is a plus.
- A high level of analytical ability is required in order to gather and interpret data and to find and test solutions to unusually complex problems
- Experience with building management control systems and networked SCADA systems is a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent) experience required.
- Ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical requirements and procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions from: groups, managers, and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply and interpret mathematical control equations to the control of products.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standards exist. Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have the ability to design systems and components to form, fit and function of customer requirements and to comply with industry standards. This design work may be performed in an area where little or no standardization exists. Must be able to read and create accurate engineering drawings, bills of materials, schematic and wiring/interconnection diagrams. Able to select and specify purchased components to required standards. Knowledge and experience with application of the National Electrical Code is required.
Must have the ability to organize and delegate multiple project elements to coworkers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None required
COMPUTER SKILLS: Understanding of programming languages and processes such as Microsoft Visual Studio (.net or C#), PLC and / or PC controls and HMI languages experience required. This position requires the following computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, TeamCenter and SyteLine.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly view and analyze in detail drawings, other printed documents, computer screens, parts and components, measuring devices and instruments.
The employee will be required to work in all types of environments and weather conditions in an active airport environment when in the field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but will be loud at times. Hearing protection will be provided as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.