Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Engineer - DevOps
at Best Western International, Inc.
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
Design, develop and deliver quality software solutions to our business partners. Our team of highly skilled and motivated IT professionals takes pride in working on diverse projects while learning new technologies and continuing their professional development. This position will align with the DevOps teams, will leverage infrastructure operations background to design, implement and maintain software build engineering process, product testing.
In this position you will:
- Have self-directed work style with minimum supervision
- Be good team player, self-starter, results oriented, open minded, flexible and customer focused
- Create CI/CD pipelines for all application teams
- Maintain tools in the DevOps toolchain
- Modernize and automate release management practices
- Collaborate with developers, testers, security, and all operation teams
- Ensuring operational best practices by working closely with the deployment/releasing teams
- Monitor system performance, recommend performance improvements
- Support quality assurance testers and user testers during code release
- Collaborate with Operations team on Cloud migration to AWS
- Help implement containerization
- Work with application team and help them adopt CI and CD practices
- Perform POCs on new tools and practices
- Present to peers and senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- At least eight years Information Technology experience, such as consulting, operations, development, architecture, and/or DevOps engineering.
- At least four years of experience in DevOps, creating CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, Bit Bucket, Github.
- At least two years of experience with migrating, architecting, building, and deploying systems and applications to a public Cloud.
- At least two years of experience with AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- At least four years of experience in enterprise applications migrations solutions and hands on experience working with Middleware.
- At least four years of experience with Linux system administration
- At least three years of platform scripting experience with the Ruby, Python, sBash, Go, or other automation languages.
- Strong automation skills (tool agnostic)
- In-depth experience with J2EE
- Development tools such as Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, Nexus
- Strong understanding in Jenkins build, deployment with declarative pipelines (blueocean)
- Strong understanding Git branching strategy, preferably Git flow
- RedHat Linux Systems Administration
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Network Virtualization
- APIs, Microservices
- Release Automation
- Rally/CA Agile Central or Jira
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Chef
- JBoss middleware
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS: VPC, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Cloud formation, Ansible, Terraform, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy
- Monitoring analytics, New Relic, Splunk
Exerts a positive impact on revenue generation
Provides operational guidance on duties, service standards and goals.
Act as a Coach/Mentor to other IT Engineers providing guidance and expertise when required.
Facilitate cross-vertical collaboration on projects spanning multiple teams.
Evangelize the concepts of Lean, Agile, and DevOps
Communicate effectively with fellow employees and senior management.
Self-starter and quick learner.
Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
Conveys and obtains information both internal and external to the department. Uses written verbal or electronic skills effectively.
Resolves broadly defined problems by identifying root cause and identifying creative solutions. Can identify hidden problems and look beyond initial answers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.