Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Air Quality Engineer - Industrial Compliance Inspector
at Pinal County
Pay: $53,619 to $60,991.50/year
$53619 - $60991.5
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2697645
Categories: Engineering/Architecture, IT - Computer Services & Support, Manufacturing/Production, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Overall Job Objective
- Notice to applicants:
This announcement may be closed as soon as a sufficient number of qualified candidates have applied.
Prepare air quality permits for industrial sources and make sure that pollutants emitted by these sources meet the air quality standards set by the federal and local government for those pollutants.
- Example of Duties
- Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Enable the Air Quality Department to help control pollution and maintain federal standards as described in the Clean Air Act.
- Process industrial permits.
- Work with applicants to complete permit application and review permit application.
- Calculate emissions and research and draft permits.
- Coordinate with and get input from other agencies if required.
- Issue final permits.
- Review related emission inventory, protocol, test results, and other compliance related documents.
- Attend air quality related training/seminars.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of accountability, commitment, and teamwork to help enrich lives beyond expectation.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor's degree Civil, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineer, or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of engineering work experience.
- Valid Driver's License with Arizona Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of m
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies related to air quality control.
- Knowledge of computer operations, applications, and programming.
- Knowledge of development, analysis, and implementation of computer database systems.
- Skill in
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports and records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with court staff, individuals on probation, representatives from community agencies, and public.
The work is sedentary and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The work also requires the ability to balance, climb, feel, finger, grasp, handle, reach, perform repetitive motion, kneel, lift, pull, push, hear, speak, stand, walk, operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a relatively safe, secure, and stable work environment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!