Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pinal County
- JOB SUMMARY
Perform duties of a professional electrician including installation, maintenance, testing, and repair of electrical equipment, components, and systems according to job specifications and state technical codes under basic supervision.
- Example of Duties
Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Locate and repair electrical problems in County facilities in accordance with mechanical and electrical codes, troubleshoot complex electrical problems, make appropriate decisions based on work experience, and estimate and track project work hours and costs.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical equipment and control systems, including HVAC and power systems and utilize diagnostic and testing equipment and interprets results.
- Lead assigned projects and examine the work of others to verify compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Complete assigned work orders, identify material and equipment needs for each assigned project, order supplies and equipment, and process and submit work authorization documents.
- Review and evaluate work orders for electrical systems and other specialty components.
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance, and component replacement on plumbing, electrical, security, and mechanical systems, perform maintenance and repairs within scope of authority, and in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures, and notify supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Operate specialized vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintain records and logs of services performed and time and material costs, enter work order and project completion data on computer system, and prepare written reports as required.
- Inspect work site to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed and that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations and closely follow verbal and written instructions.
- Report safety hazards, equipment problems, repair needs, security issues, and emergency situations.
- Respond as directed to perform emergency and special cleaning tasks and may assist with maintaining supplies inventory.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of accountability, commitment, and teamwork to help enrich lives beyond expectation.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience installing and repairing electrical systems and components.
- Completion of Electrician's vocational school or apprenticeship training.
- Valid Driver's License with Arizona Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and other pertinent local and state regulations and codes.
- Knowledge of complex electrical installation and repair practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, tools, equipment, and supplies used in testing and repair of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, including proper use and storage of chemicals, and OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
- Skill in responding to work orders and troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical problems and failures.
- Skill in estimating necessary materials, time, parts, and equipment required to complete assignments.
- Ability to maintain accurate repair and maintenance records and read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety standards, including work in detention facilities and other secure areas.
- Ability to work independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
The work is medium and requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work also requires the ability to, operate motor vehicles, man lifts, crouch, grasp, feel, finger, handle, reach, kneel, lift, push, pull, stand, stoop, walk, speak, hear, and demonstrate visual and mental acuity. This position is subject to safety sensitive random drug testing.
Work is performed in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.