Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deployment Launch Field Engineer
at Local Motors, Inc.
- Scoping and site survey of vehicle deployments
- Ability to write effective summary and recommendations of site survey
- Identify potential issue points of interaction
- Work with support vendors for installation
- Electrical troubleshooting of vehicles
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Communication ie Cellular/Wifi/DSRC troubleshooting.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting high and low voltage wiring systems with the ability to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams to determine root cause and issue resolution.
- Document all issues with vehicles in deployment
- Communicate with multiple team members to solve issues.
- Provide customer support and education to clients
- Ability to meet customer demands in a timely manner
- Identify and make recommendations on timely and cost effective repairs to maximize customer value and vehicle up time.
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Provide technical support to Local Motors manufacturing facilities through plant visits, conference calls, etc.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A two-year technical degree with a strong electrical & electronics background is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a service, maintenance, and troubleshooting capacity with electric vehicles and/or industrial / automated equipment.
- Technical understanding and troubleshooting experience of HEV/PHEV/BEV powertrain systems, such as Battery Management Systems, E-Drive Inverter & Motor controls, HEV/EV vehicle control, DC/DC converter, On Board Charger or DC Off Board Charger, Lithium-Ion Battery Systems.
- Familiarity with C++ programming and automotive CAN bus systems.
- EV certifications are preferred
- Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with MS Office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook, and other Office suite tools.
- Travel of greater than 50% will be required.