Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Designer - Knoxville, TN Location
at Local Motors, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role must be able to conceptualize, design, and develop original designs of workable product from verbal instructions and general sketches to improve safety of operations, durability, dependability, efficiency and economy of manufacture or repair.
- Prepare design outlines and layouts including graphs, charts, and tables using CAD applications.
- Write descriptions and parts lists for use by development shop, drafting, purchasing, and materials planning personnel.
- Understand and apply standard design for manufacturing techniques during product design and development.
- Create drawings of components and assemblies
- Assist in the construction of prototype of new projects. Document all problems and follow through with corrective actions in the final build prior to testing and qualification.
- Work towards realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Follow existing product development processes and help develop new processes.
- Cooperate and coordinate development with other vehicle development team members to ensure overall goals are achieved.
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned by engineering management
- Provide technical support to Local Motors manufacturing facilities through plant visits, conference calls, etc.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years minimum related experience in industry with automotive experience a plus.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Experience with design for functional safety desired.
- Familiar with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Familiar with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Experience with full product lifecycles, from prototype to production.
- Highly proficient in Siemens NX design software in a fast paced, multi-user production environment preferred.
- Surfacing skills highly desirable
- Experience with manufacturing processes a plus.
- Experience with GD&T
- Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with MS Office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook, and other Office suite tools.