Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Optics Test Technician - Knoxville, TN Location
at Local Motors, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
- The role of the Engineering Test Technician is to support Production with day to day duties involved with all aspects of vehicle testing from concept to program completion
- The candidate will interface with program management and build team
- Interaction with suppliers may be required.
- The candidate will be required to multitask across areas and operate within established internal processes and guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, coupled with a hands-on approach will determine the success of this position.
- Resourcefulness will be required to provide timely and positive results
- You must be quickly recognized as a team player with strong technical skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help diagnose and resolve build issues
- Apply hands-on timely problem resolution
- Assist with identification of component needs and availability
- Assist with development and maintenance of status reports and resolution
- Propose and help conduct required system and vehicle level testing and validation
- Assist with the ongoing development of instructions for system and vehicle level operation
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Technical/Associate mechanical degree or comparable experience in an automotive engineering environment while possessing a strong vehicle and technical background
- Test and validation experience with data & observation recording
- Ability to apply hands-on problem resolutions
- Willingness to operate in a collaborative environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools
- Strong ability to communicate regarding technical issues and terminology
- Ability to assist with fabrication and assembly duties is highly desirable.
- As testing environments can be diverse, with varying duration, a candidate must maintain appropriate levels of fitness to ensure their ability to operate and perform their job successfully.