Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Electrical Architecture Engineer - Knoxville, TN
at Local Motors, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
- The successful candidate will drive the overall architecture of the vehicle high and low voltage design.
- A thorough understanding of proper electrical standards is required
- Understanding of vehicle build and serviceability requirements.
- Leadership capability to direct other electrical engineers and promote stringent requirements in a diverse environment
- Ability to coordinate and execute projects with internal and external partners
- A capacity to listen and implement Customer/User requirements into practical applications
- Demonstrate follow-through in completing tasks
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Senior Electrical Architecture Engineer with lead implementation of hardware and software for electrical systems
- Support the creation of design and fabrication of prototype/production systems including but not limited to;
- Vehicle Wire Harness
- High Voltage Distribution
- Battery Packs
- Robotic Systems
- Thermal Management
- HMI Features
- Drive the creation of engineering documentation
- Lead system and vehicle testing at R&D level and production engineering
- Drive initial creation of DFMEA and DVP&R
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ years and/or 2-3 Product Programs working with Automotive Products, or equivalent
- Direct high and low voltage engineers
- Experience using design programs like Siemens NX, SolidWorks, or Equivalent
- Experience using CAN tools like PCAN, ETAS, RAPTOR, DSPACE, or Equivalent
- Excellent documentation and communication skills - strong technical writing ability and proactive in reaching out to others.
- Ability to interface and communicate with upper management to ensure that proper electrical principals are maintained through development to final production.