Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer III
at Oasis Systems
- Requisition Number
- Information Technology
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer located at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio.
Develops, researches, designs, implements, tests, and evaluates software and systems, in conjunction with hardware product development, that enable computers to perform their applications, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Excludes paraprofessional positions.
LOCATION: Wright-Patterson, AFB, Dayton, Ohio
JOB STATUS: Full-time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
EDUCATION: Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 12 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Refer to Education
- Current or ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
PROGRAM SPECIFIC SKILL SET:
The Air Force Product Lifecycle Management (AF-PLM) Program at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio requires an AF Logistics expert to provide functional support. The successful candidate shall have a background in an Air Force program office working as an Equipment Specialist with an understanding of the IT systems an Equipment Specialist uses to include:
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management and Lifecycle Logistics is desirable.
- Experience as an Air Force Equipment Specialist with user familiarity of the IT systems shown above.
- Experience / familiarity with AFLCMC and AFSC.
- Experience with presenting technical information and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience developing Microsoft Office products for staffing and briefing senior Air Force leaders.
- Must possess strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience with acquiring or sustaining Product Data with emphasis on Bills of Materials, Technical Data Packages, Engineering Drawings (legacy 2D and CAD), Technical Orders, and Part Items.
Experience with or knowledge of the following is also highly desirable:
- D200A Secondary Items Requirements System
- D200F Applications, Programs and Indentures
- D200N Central Secondary Item Stratification
- D043 Master Item Identification Control System
- G005M Depot Maintenance Material Support System
- G337 Inventory Tracking System
- Enhanced Technical Information Management System (ETIMS)
- Joint Engineering Data Management Information Control System (JEDMICS)
- Federal Logistics Database
- Federal Logistics Information Service
- Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS)
In addition to the skill set and qualifications listed above, possessing any of the following Certifications is also desirable:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Web Applications: - Desirable
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - SQL Server: - Desirable
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE (7/8) Programmer: - Desirable
- Oracle Database (11 g/12c) Administrator Certified Professional: - Desirable
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12 Financial Certified Implementation Specialist; - Desirable
- Oracle Inventory Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Applications Database Administrator Certified Professional; - Desirable
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Advanced Financial Consultant - Desirable
- Certified Expert Oracle SOA Suite 12c** Certified Implementation Specialist" - Desirable
- Technical Specialist Engineer Support - Desirable
The successful candidate will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of systems engineering to the acquisition process. The individual shall be able to:
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/ initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Provide technical input for the transition plans to migrate legacy logistics applications and legacy environments to integrate with transformative capabilities. This will include legacy system mapping within the current business process, as well as, the future state business process model to include functional capabilities and interface migration needs.
- Provide technical input for the transformation of Product Data with emphasis on Bills of Materials, Technical Data Packages, Engineering Drawings (legacy 2D and CAD), Technical Orders, Part Items, and Request for Engineering Assistance, into AF-PLM processes and data model.
- Identify AF-PLM data requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling.
- Support development of AF-PLM process models with a focus on downstream data usage.
- Support development of DoDAF compliant architecture products in support of program compliance.
- Support validation efforts by working with the logistics community to identify issues.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.