Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lean Continuous Improvement Engineer
at MasterBrands Cabinets
- Quality Group
As a Lean Continuous Improvement Engineer you will utilize a data driven approach to identify and facilitate continuous improvement events and problem solving activities to improve quality cost delivery and efficiency performance metrics. You will coach team members on Lean Six Sigma methodologies according to the Masterbrand Production System and audit improvement activities to ensure improvements are sustained. Must be a hands-on change agent. The Lean Continuous Improvement Engineer will report directly to the Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze factory processes COPQ and field feedback data to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Utilize A3 Kaizen DMAIC and 8D problem solving to improve customer satisfaction product quality assembly processes/efficiency etc.
- Follow up on improvement actions and schedule/conduct layered process audits to ensure sustainment of gains
- Coach plant personnel on the use of continuous improvement tools and structured problem solving methodologies
- Troubleshoot manufacturing quality and assembly issues.
- Monitor and report on key metrics and projects
- Industrial or Process Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Formal Lean training and experience with proven successes identifying and eliminating waste
- Advanced competency in MS Excel Access and Powerpoint
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in wood working or cabinetry
- Certification in Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Experience in metrology and statistical analysis
This role is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship.