Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Merchant E
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
We are looking for an Architect to work, deploy, and manage backend systems who are passionate about their work and embraces the ideals of the software craftsmanship and Agile development practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides hands-on development
- Architect and design frameworks used by applications that are running on J2EE platform.
- Provide hands-on engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Create, refactor, and / or implement Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and / or Microservice Architectures.
- Assist with and understand the building of applications using stored procedures, functions, and triggers on RDBMS such as Oracle and/ or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB.
- Own the quality of the product, from code architecture to end-user quality.
- Engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of our applications and architecture.
- Sponsor innovation within your team's work.
- Articulate context internally for the team and to the larger organization.
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions.
- Provide the technical coaching to get your team to experiment and to solve technical problems in unique ways.
- Organize the accumulated knowledge gained by the team so that all team members have easy access to this body of knowledge.
- Collaborate across business, engineering and product stakeholders to drive holistic technology implementations while maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value.
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives.
- Mentor scrum teams with best DevOps practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 5+ years current experience being a solid contributor to agile software development teams.
- Experience successfully working with Developers, Architects and Product Owners to give options for potential solutions.
- Successfully delivered software solutions from ideation to production.
- 8-10+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java, C#, or any major OO language.
- 8-10+ years of hands-on experience in engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques.
- 5-7+ years of hands on experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservice Architecture.
- Experience architecting and designing frameworks to be used by applications that are running on a J2EE platform.
- Working knowledge building applications using stored procedures, functions, and triggers on a RDBMS such as Oracle and / or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration using Maven, Jenkins, Chef, and Artifactory.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks.
- Understands and can implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Exposure to Cloud Environment.
- Comfortable working in Linux.
- Loves Macintosh Laptops.
MerchantE is committed to creating a diverse work environment and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.