Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Architect
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft Teams is the hub for teamwork in Office 365 that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective. It is core to Microsoft’s modern work, modern life & modern education value prop. Teams is the fastest growing app in Microsoft history We are the product that Gartner refers to as "a real game changer!"
The Microsoft Teams Calling ,Meetings and devices (CMD) group is focused on brining intelligent, real-time connected/collaboration experiences across Web, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android Teams clients. Additionally, this team is responsible for bringing these calling and meeting experiences to new hardware that gets used in conference rooms, personal and common area phones.
Would you like to be a part of our mission to build the Best in class calling and meetings solution for O365?
As a Teams architect, you’ll work with internal Teams software and applications teams to drive future requirements on machine learning/computer vision applications, prototype device proof of concepts, write architecture spec, You can figure out any new technology and can build from the ground up OR leverage the work of others- do what needs to be done- to land a fantastic product and exceed customer/market expectations. Ideal candidate should have experience building and delivering web or mobile applications, solving hard problems in services, machine learning or real-time communications space. Familiarity with Angular/React/HTTPS/SIP/Exchange/Azure all huge pluses.
You will engage with other parts of the company such as Azure, Cortana, Bing, Windows to define a better together story for Teams CMD group. This position is full-time and based in Bellevue, WA.
Our team is a little different. We candidly and openly exchange ideas, we adapt quickly and collaborate with commitment, we have each other's backs, we put the product as our top priority, and we listen to learn and with respect. We work hard, play hard, and have a lot of fun. If that sounds like a good fit, please contact us!
The Core skills we are looking for are:
- 15+ years Professional experience with at least one of C#/C/C++/Java/other programming language
- BS degree preferably in CS or related engineering field
- 10+ years of implementing code level patterns that allow large codebases & teams to scale.
- Experience driving efforts across product groups and business units.
- Exposure to networking and telephony protocols such as HTTPS, TCP/IP stack, SIP, ICE, RTP, PSTN, RTCP.
- Experience developing and maintaining large scale distributed systems on Azure or AWS
- Demonstrated passion for building great end-user experiences
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across various groups internally and externally
- Knowledge in image processing and camera pipeline
- Knowledge in audio processing and audio pipeline
- Familiarity in computer vision algorithms such as people and object detection, tracking and recognition
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.