Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building -Stationary engineer
at Monarch Blackhawk Casino
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open in early 2020!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
Maintains monitors and adjusts the operation of generators, switchgear, load centers, associated HMI (Human Machine Interface) systems, steam and hot water boilers, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers, pumps, valves and auxiliary equipment.
- Operate and maintain SCADA, Power Quality Monitoring, EMCS, and Industrial Chilled Water Controls
- Responsible for the proper operation of the boiler, air compressor and chiller systems. Monitors equipment and systems performance and makes required adjustments to maintain plant production within specified limits. Accurately takes and logs gauge and meter readings.
- Performs complex diagnostics, repairs, calibrations, modifications and routine service on a wide variety of facilities and building equipment, systems, structures and hardware, including air handlers, domestic water, chilled water, hot water, steam, building exhaust, compressed air, controls, lighting, electrical, security systems, fire systems, etc.
- Performs lubrication and other corrective and preventive maintenance as scheduled. Notifies Operations Supervisor of needed repairs.
- Evaluates problems with equipment, plans repairs and modification to equipment, locates original or alternate parts to be ordered.
- Responds to emergency situations, switches to back-up equipment or shuts down equipment as conditions warrant.
- Reads local indicators/gauges and/or computer consoles at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. Utilizes manual, automatic and computerized controls to bring equipment into prescribed operating ranges.
- Logs equipment problems and informs supervisor of items needing repair.
- Maintains records of operating conditions and actions taken.
- Assists in the performance of functional/operational tests to evaluate equipment/systems capability and reliability.
- Implements standard trade practices and procedures including appropriate safety precautions.
- Performs housekeeping, scheduled maintenance, calibrations and water quality checks
- Works rotating shifts, weekends and emergency calls.
- Utilizes work order management system to accomplish robust preventative maintenance tasks and work requests within classified environment
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders. Work from heights; lifts, ladders or scaffolding. Work in restricted spaces; crawl spaces, sump areas, attics, etc.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other job duties as requested.
*Basic Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Minimum 5 years of on the job or military equivalent experience with plant operations, industrial equipment and controls.
- Desired experience with utility plant systems and associated operations.
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Colorado State Driver’s License
- Current EPA Refrigeration License or ability to obtain within 1 year
- Current Stationary Engineering License (Transferrable), or ability to obtain within 2 years
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Diverse Workforce
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.