Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer I (Entry Level - $20) - 3 Shift
at Monarch Blackhawk Casino
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
Must have entry level experience in most aspects of: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, building maintenance, flooring, cabinetry, carpentry, locksmith, and automotive repair
- Perform interior and exterior maintenance requests and repairs in accordance with Chief Engineer’s and Management’s assignments to ensure safety and comfort for all guests and Team Members.
- Inspects guest rooms and public areas for potential hazards, repairs, and preventative maintenance.
- Handle routine and preventative maintenance in guest rooms and public areas to ensure all electrical equipment and appliances are in proper working condition i.e. lighting, TV’s, Refrigerators, heating/cooling, etc.
- Proficient in the use of tools of the trade, including hand, power and machine equipment as applicable.
- Responsible for building maintenance including snow removal, plowing, landscaping, painting, grounds up-keep, public space, carpet cleaning, and providing general maintenance.
- Respond to minor plumbing repairs including unclogging drains, plunging toilets, and repairing leaking faucets
- Record daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Perform room maintenance requests, and respond to work orders from guests and Team Members in a prompt, and efficient manner
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor, and provide exceptional service to our guests in accordance with our hotel’s brand standards
- Understand hotel systems and equipment
- Ensures facilities area is kept safe, clean, and organized
- Ability to drive shuttle, and operate shuttle as needed.
- Performs duties that promote safe and security environment in accordance with company policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- .Perform other job duties as requested.
- Must be able to work from a ladder, this position requires a great deal of work from heights
- Must be flexible to work in all areas of the casino; and have the ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Work in restricted spaces; crawl spaces, sump areas, attics, etc.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping for the duration of their shift..
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License
- Must have entry level experience in most aspects of: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, building maintenance, flooring, cabinetry, carpentry, locksmith, and automotive repair
- Must be able to obtain and maintain OSHA safety certifications
- Prior hotel or multi-unit experience preferred
- Ability to operate power and hand tools required
- Ability to work from schematics, blue prints, sketches, or verbal directions
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.