Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
Lead Software Engineer will work closely with the Business Users, Systems Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Developers in building and supporting Finance Data Foundation (FDF) Platform using OFSAA Data Foundation. Leads efforts to consult with internal IT and Business clients to offer solutions using best software and engineering practices. Facilitates implementation of standards and practices that guide the architecture, design and delivery of OFSAA Data Foundation solutions. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging financial technologies, cloud, big data and reporting applications. Works with operations staff to enhance supporting environment including systems, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of information to appropriate groups and business units. Implement and manage OFSAA Data Quality and GL Reconciliation solutions across portfolio of Financial Instruments and transactions. Lead data warehouse integration efforts.
- Performs systems design and analysis, develops code, and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems users and applications components
- Develop and support OFSAAI Configuration, T2T scripts, OFSAA GL Recon functionality, and OBIEE reports for the implementation and ongoing development and operations.
- Early identification of development issues and corrective action to mitigate issues is required with these responsibilities.
- Determine the best tool to development and maintain the functional or reporting requirement using a "best-of-the-breed" development approach.
- Help define the coding standards for the entire application as well as platform performance tuning
- Develop detail-level design documents from functional requirements and adhere to the development and naming standards established.
- Works on projects providing OFSAA subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader medium size projects
- Reviewing and evaluating new requirements, change requests and problems by conferring with business analysts and SMEs
- Provide OFSAA technical work guidance or mentoring. Estimating, Planning, Organizing and assigning tasks to various team members.
- Representing FDF team in status and management meetings with business stakeholders
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture team on development standards, processes, tools, techniques, deployment infrastructure and product selection.
- Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences and management.
- Work within a disciplined change-and-configuration management environment to maintain control over the development and introduction of new function to the operations. Influence the change control team on best practices of handling code migrations between environments.
- Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and support
- Assist Business Analysts with mapping data sources to staging tables and via T2T scripts to Results area
- Third level support for development/production support issues for above mentioned OFSAA modules.
- College degree, preferably a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field or the equivalent
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to provide OFSAA subject matter expertise and technical direction to team members
- OFSAA Technical expertise in process and data modeling for both staging and results areas
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems
- Experience in Agile, Waterfall SDLC, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Testing
- Good understanding of OFSAAI process framework and ETL tools like Informatica, DIH and Big Data Adaptor
- Good background in Database Design and SQL, OBIEE, OFSAA
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Experience with Basel II & III, CCAR Q&M, FP&A is desirable but not required
- Subject matter expertise in Banking products and systems for example loans, securities related systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing