Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr Software Engineering 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, ouremployees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in airand space that affect people's lives around the world today, and forgenerations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advanceshuman discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture grows withintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think isimpossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you alwaysact with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everythingyou do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and consistent results,while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat allpeople with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. Youknow how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspiresa diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customerrelationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout theorganization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence,strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensurethat your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best.You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet therequirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result insustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
NorthropGrumman Aerospace Systems, located in Oklahoma City, OK has an opening for aB-2 Software Assistant Department Manager (Manager 2 position) toassist in leading teams of engineers supporting B-2 Programs. The selected professional willreport to the PalmdaleAircraft Integration Center of Excellence Software Department Manager inOklahoma City for direction. Thesuccessful candidate will support the development and implementationof departmental vision and strategies regarding People, Process and Tools. They will drive employee engagement; improvehiring, development, training, and retention of top talent; manage engineeringtools and products; balance process compliance against innovation; and reducebureaucracy.
- Assist with the employee performance of developing goals, providing mid-term counseling and end of the year rating and performance reviews, Leadership development and knowledge retention.
- Identify and implement process improvements on B-2 program
- Be directly involved with engagement activities to improve the workplace environment.
- Assist the Department Manager in managing the engineering teams by assisting with managing the day to day execution of department activities, including managing section managers, and acting as the Department Manager's DOA in his or her absence.
- Assist the B-2 Department Manager and PAICoE SW Discipline Lead for University Relations and Recruiting (UR&R) for all college hiring requirements to include: Hiring of interns and new grads for directorate, Coordination of SW attendees for college events with Director and DMs, Facilitate/coordinate intern events & coordinate/schedule intern out briefs
- Support activities of the PAICoE SW Pathways Lead to include: Work with section managers to support Sector Pathways goals, Maintain and track directorate Pathways participants and rotation plans, Coordination of SW Pathway event
- Responsible for all SW cross department integration activities, leadership data calls and directorate metrics generation, collection and reporting. This will include the following: Functions as the key data analyst expert for the homeroom, Interface directly with other test engineers, test leadership, technical experts and management, Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and database creation
To learn more about ourhiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the BestQualified Managers" video:
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 5 years of experience in software development or software test
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret or Top Secret and a background investigation within the last six years. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
- Previous technical leadership experience.
- Previous experience developing software development metrics
- Advanced STEM degree
- Experience coding in C/C .
- Experience in modeling and simulation in a laboratory environment.
- Experience with system integration
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced Degree in STEM.
- Experience with Agile development and the Atlassian tool suite including JIRA.
Northrop Grumman iscommitted to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be anEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regardto race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for mostpositions.