OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution Management System Engineer Senior
at OGE Energy Corp.
Provide engineering and technical support for the Distribution Management System (SCADA/DMS) deployed to monitor, control and optimize the Electrical Distribution system. Responsible activities include configuration, testing, analysis and operational support for all facets of the system, including SCADA and advanced DMS application modules. Ensures system accuracy and integrity for continuous real time 24 hour operation of the SCADA/DMS system. Ensures that work products are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice. Technically involved in the resolution of equipment and operational problems that may include performing investigation or inspections, performing design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Maintain databases, displays, and interfaces of the DMS SCADA sytem.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with databases, displays, and interfaces of the DMS SCADA system.
- Provides engineering and technical support to DMS Technicians, Distribution Control Operators, DCC Engineers, DA Engineers, DA Technicians, and DCC Engineers on Distribution SCADA and advanced DMS application modules.
- Responsible for coordinating and planning upgrades and patches of the Distribution Management System.
- Coordinate ICCP to maintain superior real-time monitoring and other data exchange with EMS-SCADA.
- Acts as a resource for members with less experience, may direct the technical complexities of work.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation and operating procedures for all system and application functions.
- Perform engineering analysis and evaluation of distribution model and events.
- May have project management responsibility over several projects both small and large in system impact.
- May act in a liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Solve problems and develop solutions that call for original approach, based on thorough and comprehensive research and technical expertise.
- Support company safety programs and initiatives by following all EHS and Operating procedures and adhering to established design standards.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard hours, holidays, and schedules to include on-call and call-outs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or PE and Five (5) years directly related Utility Engineering experience (e.g., Distribution Engineering, Transmission/Substation Engineering, Planning, Operations Support, System Protection and Control, Project Management, Engineering Standards, SCADA, and Transmission or Distribution Control Center) OR Master’s Degree in Engineering and Four (4) years directly related Utility Engineering experience (e.g., Distribution Engineering, Transmission/Substation Engineering, Planning, Operations Support, System Protection and Control, Project Management, Engineering Standards)
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Experience or familiarity with Distribution Operations processes, including outage management, switching order creation & execution, crew dispatching, fault Isolation & restoration,
- Experience or familiarity with Distribution Engineering Analysis and planning tools, including capacity studies, reliability analysis, load modeling, load flow, short circuit, loss reduction and power factor correction
- Experience or familiarity with Distribution Design, including feeder design & construction standards; reclosers, capacitor controllers, voltage regulators & fault indicators
- Experience or familiarity with protection and control design, including IED logic configuration and programming, SCADA, communication technology and protocols, and protection coordination
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Able to lead and direct the work of others.
- Excellent project leadership skills.
- Work independently; with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Self motivated.
- In depth knowledge and experience in multiple engineering initiatives.
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
- Team Player.
Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.