OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
at OGE Energy Corp.
This position performs electrical design activities in support of electric generating power plant capital improvement, modification, retrofit, or new construction projects. As part of a project team, will have electrical engineering responsibilities for electrical equipment design, specification, and installation to meet project requirements. May be involved in project activities from initial planning and budget estimating, through project design, installation, and close-out. Coordinates, provides design inputs, and performs design review and detailed checks when design is performed by outside party.
- Performs engineering analysis and design calculations or computations for compliance with project requirements, codes, standards, and engineering practice.
- Conducts site surveys to gather field data.
- Develops electrical plans, specifies materials, equipment, and installation/construction requirements.
- Marks up existing drawings and/or has new drawings created for detailing project work.
- Specifies material, equipment, installation/construction, quality assurance tests and inspection for the project work.
- Identifies and specifies items for demolition or abandonment; and method or condition of abandonment.
- Coordinates with project manager, project team, plant members, and other business units and stakeholders to execute the project work.
- Communicates and coordinates with suppliers, vendors, and installation contractors.
- Reviews and approves final/as built drawings and records and assures accurate and complete drawings/records/documents are archived for asset configuration control.
- Reviews, comments on and approves vendor or third party supplied design, material, equipment, and drawings..
- Creates and updates engineering standards and guidelines.
- Prepares and interprets schematics, drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- May mentor or direct lower level Engineers in project work. Acts as a resource for members with less experience, may direct the technical complexities of work.
- Provides technical presentations to internal or external stakeholders.
- May act in a liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Functions as quality inspector or defines quality requirements on engineering designs and projects.
- Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Solves problems and develops solutions that call for original approach, based on thorough and comprehensive research and technical expertise.
- ABET accredited Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering OR
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Electrical Engineering. AND
- Minimum of five (5) years directly related experience as an Electrical Engineer.
- Valid State Driver's License.
- Six (6) or more years Electrical Engineering work experience at or in the design of power plant, electric utility, petro/chem plant, or heavy industrial facilities.
- Power Generation or Electric Utility experience
- Experience in an A/E or design/construction firm, or within a dedicated design group of a power generation, electric utility, petro/chem, or heavy industrial operating company.
- Knowledgeable in both low voltage and medium voltage electric systems and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Work independently; with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Action oriented.
- Knowledge and experience in multiple engineering initiatives.
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines.
- Able to manage multiple assignments with shifting priorities.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities.
- Team Player.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.