Park Electrochemical Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Engineer for Composite Manufacuturing
at Park Electrochemical Corp.
- Newton, KS, USA
- Full Time
Manufacturing Engineer – Composites Automation, responsible for manufacturing automation support from initial quotes to finished product.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare designs for manufacture or quote using various CAD/CAM software and automation application specific software.
• Generate and release digital engineering definition required for quoting and manufacturing automation, i.e. models for tooling, nested ply cutting, projection, machining (3 & 5-Axis), inspection (CMM), and assembly.
• Directly assist the production team with set up and operational support.
• Manage the effectivity and release of automation files, i.e. ply nesting, laser projection, oven/autoclave programs, machining programs, and associated set up sheets and or work instructions.
• Validate programming, and automation test runs as well as first article support.
• Develop coherent and cohesive indexing and manufacturing plans in coordination with production to optimize the use of automation where practical and cost effective.
• Create written and illustrated manufacturing plans, bills of material and purchase specifications per engineering drawings and specifications.
• Develop rough order of magnitude estimates and full technical build plans in support of final quotes to engineering drawings and specifications.
• Develop new and improve existing manufacturing processes for composite parts.
• Communicate with customers to resolve engineering issues related to manufacturing processes, drawings, and specifications.
• Provide Project Management responsibilities as assigned.
• Participate in material review board activities related to discrepant parts including root cause & corrective actions.
• Support Production in delivery of products to customers on schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B. S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required, or equivalent engineering discipline with relevant experience.
• 3 - 5 years composite manufacturing automation engineering experience preferred.
• Product design and development experience preferred.
• "Hands-on" skills with composite manufacturing automation equipment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Familiarity with ISO, AS9100 and NADCAP desired.
• Proficiency in CATIA V5 CPE and CPM, Fibersim, SURFCAM, Mastercam, SOLIDWORKS, Oracle, and Verisurf software desired.
• Experience with composite assembly a plus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive.
They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform
the essential functions of the position.
Park Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf