Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Systems Engineer
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||IT Systems Engineer|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to providing exceptional medical and dental care that incorporates behavioral health services in a collaborative team setting for people of all ages. We proudly serve over 93,000 patients through 28 outpatient centers in Colorado's Pikes Peak and East Central regions. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary: Maintains IT infrastructure equipment and applications to ensure information technology resource availability for staff and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and modify network and client systems by programming, testing, debugging and installing hardware and software to support organization’s infrastructure
- Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of hardware and software consistent with the organization’s short and long term objectives
- Recommend, implement and manage Active Directory Group Policies
- Recommend, implement and manage solutions for IT purchases
- Recommend, implement and manage solutions for data center operations
- Recommend, implement and manage solutions for network and server monitoring
- Work with vendors as needed for hardware and software setup, documenting, troubleshooting and replacement of failed equipment
- Base knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Information Technology field with a desire to gain more advanced knowledge
- Expand IT knowledge base through department training sessions, joint and group projects, independent research and other available methods
- Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems for users when appropriate
- Monitor notification software communication while on-call, in response to a system outage, weekly maintenance activities, hardware and/or software installs or upgrades
- Drive to remote sites as needed for testing, troubleshooting, installing, and maintenance of equipment
- Is aware of and enforces standards associated with HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Work after hours, both on-site and remotely, as needed
- Participate in the rotating on-call schedule for evenings, weekends and holidays as needed to support clinical operations
- Back-up for the other engineering team members
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The individual enhances the efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Must have knowledge of general Microsoft programs. Configuring and troubleshooting many technologies including, but not limited to Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Interfaces and future technologies as they are utilized by the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Extensive knowledge of supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services. Strong understanding of networking theory and application. Direct experience configuring Cisco switches, firewall and routers. Knowledge of Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 design concepts, roles, and functionality. Experience supporting VMWare vSphere in a cluster configuration. Experience with NetApp SANs a plus. Experience supporting Nutanix HCI a plus. Experience with Veeam a plus. Understanding of various private and public cloud services required. Experience configuring and supporting Virtual Desktop technologies (Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, VMWare Horizon) a plus. Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with technical and non-technical customers. Able to work alone and in a team environment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related field of study. Three to five years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
Intermediate or advanced computer skills – internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), other relevant software programs.
Certificates and Licenses: Industry standard IT certifications such as: CompTIA Net+, MCSA, or MCSE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP (preferred but not required)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.