Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Systems Engineer
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||IT Systems Engineer|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert, Arapahoe and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 850 employees and serves 90,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Summary: Responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and maintaining company’s technology infrastructure. Provide technical direction in-line with business goals. Train, mentor, and support systems engineers. Install, configure and upgrade software/hardware/network systems. The IT Lead Systems Engineer position and job function is a value-added service requiring commitment to Peak Vista’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs regular and periodic maintenance on company’s technology infrastructure to ensure proper and efficient functionality.
- Confers with company leadership to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing systems and capabilities required for technology projects and projected workloads.
- Design and develop backup and recovery procedures using various methods, to include cloud systems.
- Evaluates factors such as number of departments serviced by information technology systems, reporting formats required, volume of transactions, time requirements and cost constraints, and need for security and access restrictions to determine hardware configurations.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems, which will provide capability for proposed project or workload, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted space.
- Recommends purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Trains users on new and existing systems.
- Monitors functioning of systems to ensure operational conformance within specifications.
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Analyzes daily workflow and implements necessary adjustments to address priority objectives and engineering issues.
- Analyzes work order flow / processing and returns, addresses, or escalations appropriately based on engineer skills in the Department.
- Provides purpose, guidance, oversight and direction to Systems Engineers.
- Organizes, oversees, and / or implements training for Systems Engineers and makes recommendations to Director of IT Engineering for System Engineers training.
Supervision Exercised: Supervision exercised during Director of IT Engineering Absence.
Extensive knowledge of supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services. Strong understanding of network routing and switching protocols. Direct experience configuring Cisco switches and routers. Experience administering Linux operating systems. Knowledge of Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 design concepts, roles, and functionality. Ability to manage and support Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 messaging. Experience supporting Cisco firewalls. Experience supporting VMWare vSphere in a cluster configuration. Experience supporting Nutanix HCI a plus. Experience with Veeam a plus. Understanding of various private and public cloud services required. Experience configuring and supporting Virtual Desktop technologies (Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, VMWare Horizon) a plus. Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with technical and non-technical customers. Able to work alone and in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related field of study preferred. Three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Industry standard IT certifications such as: Redhat RHCSA, CompTIA, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP (preferred but not required)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.