Pilot Flying J
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pilot Flying J
At Pilot Company, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that?opening,?we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop.?We are the largest operator of travel centers in North America serving over a million guests every day and we’re now starting a new chapter in our rich history.?
We’re launching?a?brand-new?Analytics?Center of Excellence whose mission is to maximize the use of our rich data sets using the latest technologies and ways of working, growing our colleagues and communities along the way.?We have gathered vast data sets?that?are fueled by a robust data infrastructure to support it. Now, we are in a position to use the richest data pool in our history to solve complex and interesting problems, so our team is growing and seeking bright professionals eager to be a part of the journey.?
*Please note that this role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19. In the future, candidates will be required to be in/willing to relocate to Knoxville, TN or Atlanta, GA.*
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering and 5+ years of experience working in a data engineering or architecture role
- All your peers are impressed with your expertise in SQL and data analysis and experience with at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- You have database development experience using Hadoop or BigQuery and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud database technologies (AWS)
- You have experience with containerization and managing pipelines and microservices, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Last but not least, your conceptual knowledge of dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data is something your passionate about
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with a cross-functional Agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected data, enabling Pilot to advance our data-driven decision-making capabilities.
Furthermore, you will:
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
- Solve interesting data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve their goals
- Create data products for analytics and data science team members to improve their productivity
- Engineer effective features for modeling in close collaboration with data scientists and translators
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
Every?single?day we are proud to make life better for our team members and our guests. We are fueling life's journeys and a career with Pilot is an opportunity to work hard, have fun and live up to your full potential. Do you want to become part of the Pilot family??
Pilot?is an Equal Opportunity Employer.?Pilot?does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.