Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
7120- Program Coordinator - Unclassified (Systems Engineering Program Coordinator)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Transportation Department.
Salary: $48,942.40 - $102,710.40 DOQ
Pima County Department of Transportation is implementing a Transportation Network Management System (TNMS) for more effective planning and service delivery and is seeking to fill two positions to apply systems engineering principles to planning processes and operations workflows with special emphasis on the interactions among TNMS components. Areas of work will include: interactions between mobility, safety and maintenance of the transportation network; impact of technological changes related to traffic demand management and automated vehicles on the network; optimization of maintenance operations. This classification is in the unclassified service and is exempt from the Pima County Merit System Rules.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
- Analyze data, prepare simulations and present data for decision support.
- Develop plans and schedules for projects to improve existing processes.
- Develop a Continuous Improvement program across relevant operating units, incorporating the concepts of Standard Work, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action based on statistical analysis.
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient.
- Conduct time studies in relation to cost, staffing, and productivity.
- Monitor existing processes to ensure they perform at optimal efficiency.
- Manage the activities of professional staff and evaluates their performance.
- Analyze local, state and federal legislation and ensure program compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Review and analyze routine and special reports detailing the status and/or success of the program, prepare recommendations, and/or initiate corrective action.
- Evaluate management problems and make decisions regarding the proper course of action.
- May access or maintain specialized databases containing program-specific information to review information or generate reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Concepts of systems engineering: reliability testing, statistics and stochastic modeling, quality control.
- Linear systems, financial modeling, project management.
- Process analysis.
- Statistical software.
- Simulation software.
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Principles and techniques of effective communication to include written composition and public speaking.
- Planning, developing, evaluating, and managing programs and projects.
- Researching, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Presenting, explaining, and interpreting program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures to management and staff.
- Managing staff and planning, organizing, and coordinating program activities.
- Time management.
- Creative problem solving.
- Observe, understand, and quantify.
- Perform statistical analysis.
- Develop standard data and conduct time studies.
- Perform cost analysis, return on investment, and cost estimating skills for analyzing alternative solutions.
- Map a current process showing critical paths and quantify wasteful nodes on that path.
- Establish a rapport with a variety of people, from field staff to senior management.
- Train staff to implement changed processes.
- Ability to communicate ideas through technical writing.
- Proficiency in doing investigations and root cause analysis.
- Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration or a field closely related to the program area, as determined by the appointing authority and two years of progressively responsible program administration experience or experience directly related to the nature of the program.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related degree.
- Training in statistical analysis.
- Three (3) years experience in industrial or systems engineering.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean Certification.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Service's review and approval of the candidate's driving record
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.