Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ITD Cloud Engineer (4717 - IT - Technical Support Analyst - Senior)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position, with on-call rotations, is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 58
We are seeking a highly technical ITD Cloud Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of the Pima County virtualized server and storage infrastructure including both primary and disaster recovery data centers. Other assignments will include future infrastructure improvements, system upgrades and enterprise projects. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a team-oriented environment. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication. The candidate will be required to work across County divisions and provide superior customer service to Pima County staff. ITD infrastructure positions require employees to be on an on-call rotation and assist with monthly maintenance processes. A successful candidate needs to be able to lift server and storage equipment up to 60 lbs. We offer an opportunity to utilize your skills, build new ones, work in a team environment and advance your career in a rewarding domain. You bring enthusiasm, professionalism and a desire to get better every day, as well as to make a difference in your community by supporting the mission of Pima County Government.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's need and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Client Environment (includes Elected Officials) Maintenance and Support
Leads other IT employees in troubleshooting and resolution of complex client computing and communications hardware, operating software, applications, affiliated software environment and peripherals;
Leads client kit hardware, operating system, application and utility software evaluations and recommendations;
Leads development and enforcement of client kit software and hardware configuration, deployment and administration procedures and practices;
Coordinates the annual definition/upgrading of the client infrastructure and associated component processes and improvement opportunities;
Monitors client environment for proper operation within required performance, function and availability expectations and leads root cause analysis where service level agreement (SLA) issues are discovered;
Co-leads continuous improvement efforts within sphere of responsibility.
Works with project teams to understand client requirements and define appropriate client kit hardware, software and network connectivity solutions;
Assists in developing and testing required client kit hardware, operating systems and application configuration requirements;
Works with project manager to define client kit environment deployment strategies and schedules;
Develops, coordinates and/or provides user training and orientation services per project requirements;
Leads development of client kit deployment, support and maintenance procedures;
Works with project team to define required post-project implementation operational skill sets and resource demands;
Coordinates and executes client kit environment deployments according to defined project schedules, budgets and compliance requirements;
Coordinates and executes client kit environment decommissions resulting from new project driven technology deployments and/or upgrades.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include office automation applications (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and other vendor commercial applications interfaced into client computing and communications environment;
- wireless communications equipment such as fixed, portable and mobile radio devices, dispatch console equipment, as well as related radio system and remote site control equipment with working knowledge of FCC rules, regulations and technical standards;
- IT Infrastructure Library for the Incident and Problem Management environment;
- Intel desktop computing architectures and affiliated hardware components and technologies including networking, modems, monitors, projection devices and other peripheral devices, to include desktop computing, printer and other peripheral device driver, connectivity configurations and administration utilities (e.g., Microsoft SMS etc).
- organizing workload, being proactive and managing a wide variety of customer requests simultaneously;
- written, verbal and interpersonal communications;
- operating within a fast paced, highly technical environment; writing procedures and work instructions;
- leading others in troubleshooting and resolving complex client computing or communications hardware or software/applications issues;
- operating as a member of a team;
- employing quality skill sets and diagnostic tools;
- being resourceful, self-managed, customer focused and demonstratedability to maintain a solid understanding of client computing and communications deployment, configuration, upgrade and integration concepts;
- coordinating and communicating with internal and external customers/vendors;
- employing diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills with detailed orientation.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years of experience in the maintenance and administration of client computing or communications hardware and software infrastructure.
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and four years of work experience in information technology including two years of experience in the maintenance and administration of client computing or communications hardware and software infrastructure.
(Additional relevant work experience/education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience with vSphere Cloud Suite, host profiles, Update Manager, virtual machine, and administering an enterprise VMWare virtual environment, HA, DRS, VDS and performance.
- Experience in a Windows Domain environment, server software configuration, server installation, Windows server management, change management activities, infrastructure design and execution of complex test plans in a Windows Domain environment.
- Experience in Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) or SAN\NAS administration, Fibre Channel, FCoE and ISCSI NFS.
- Experience in enterprise backup and replication solutions.
- Experience managing vROPs, vROMs and vRNI.
- Experience managing VxRail and SDDC manager.
- Experience with SCCM for managing server infrastructure.
- Experience implementing enterprise level infrastructure projects.
- Experience in server infrastructure security.
- A resume is required.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., A+, MCDST, MCITP, MCSA). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Department of Labor regulation CFR Part 1910.1030 requires notification that some positions in this category may have a moderate risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Hepatitis B vaccine will be provided. Some positions will be required to work rotating shifts which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Some positions require lifting equipment, climbing, working on elevated towers or below grade platforms. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.