Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Prince Contracting
Job Summary: Provide technical engineering information to project supervision and crafts to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes and specifications.
* Review contract and specifications in its entirety
* Assist Project Manager, Project Superintendent as requested
* Assist with all schedule preparations and updates
* Assist with quantity reporting, project costs and forecasting
* Obtain pricing from subcontractors and vendors to include change orders
* Requisition equipment and material deliveries as required
* Coordinate with subcontractors, suppliers and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
* Assist with monthly billing, cash flow projections, and change order processing
* Manage document control to include submittal schedules, contract documents, project record drawings, etc.
* Review Heavy Job daily reports for accuracy
* Prepare and maintain technical submittal list, NPDES permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, and Project Progress Schedule as required
* Comply with notice requirements such as inspections, survey staking, joint measurements with owner and/or engineer, utility locations and adjustments, testing, claims, etc.
* Issue correspondence to subcontractors and vendors when revised plan and/or specifications affects products or services
* Assist with project closeout
* Perform additional assignments per the Project Manager’s direction
* B.S. in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Construction Engineering and Management (CEM)
* 5 - 8 years’ experience in the civil construction field (office/field role)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Excel, Word, Primavera 6
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.