Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Engineer
at Progress Residential
Technical Support Engineer
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Responsible for ensuring internal end-user satisfaction during problem resolution process. Required to track detailed information, including diagnostic troubleshooting steps, about each end-user’s service need in an online ticketing system. Maintaining constant communication to end-users and other team members is essential for successful operation. Information technology is highly dynamic, and the qualified candidate must have the ability to acquire and maintain a working knowledge of a wide range of applications and systems. A skilled approach to support, with emphasis on customer service is expected. The position requires a dependable, results-oriented team player, a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and with the support of their peers. This role is part of the Enterprise IT team that manages IT across the Pretium/Progress brand.
Essential Functions & Personality:
- Emotionally intelligent; demonstrates patience, understanding and empathy for a frustrated customer. Has a true desire to build a relationship with the customer.
- Problem solver: takes the initiative to reproduce the problem before navigating a solution by understanding not just what went wrong, but what action the customer is after.
- Good communicator: has a practiced grasp on how to reduce complex concepts into familiar, digestible terms for a customer, avoiding long-winded explanations and focusing on solving the issue quickly. Friendly, honest, and — most importantly — brief.
- Methodical; deliberate, detail-oriented with the ability to get to the heart of the problem. Regularly follows up with customer until their problem is resolved.
- Creative and resourceful; finds clever and fun ways to go the extra mile — and wants to do so in the first place!
- Receive technical support requests from internal users via phone, email, and online ticketing system.
- Interact with end-users in a professional and courteous manner, providing quality service.
- Accurately identify, evaluate and prioritize end-users' issues, requests and/or questions.
- Provide first level support and other documentation as necessary to aid in troubleshooting, resolving or reproducing the end-user issues or escalate as necessary.
- Document issues, requests and/or questions into ticketing system.
- Regularly communicate with end-users as to the status of open tickets.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to issues/requests.
- Increase productivity by continued improvement of knowledge level and troubleshooting procedures.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a technical role providing remote support in a technical service desk environment.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies both from Administrator side and end user side.
- Ability to effectively document and triage most calls.
- Demonstrated understanding of how this role affects the end-user or other team members involved in serving the client.
- Mature approach with a focus on customer service, rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Effectively apply communication skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Able to work effectively with others and to build a shared vision which leads to accomplishing team goals and identifying/resolving problems.
- Knowledge of PC, laptop and printer hardware configuration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows operating systems, Adobe, Office 365, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Printers, Hardware, Active Directory, Zoom Meeting Software, Understanding of TCP/IP and the ability to learn various application platforms.
- Provide remote and on-site support to 16 locations and counting
- Prior experience utilizing ticket tracking system is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.