Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior DevOps Engineer
- Pos. Category
- Information Technology
- Location : City
- Salt Lake City
- Location : State/Province
- Created Date
- Regular Full-Time
Progrexion and its affiliated companies, Lexington Law and CreditRepair.com, comprise the nation’s largest consumer advocacy network and employ nearly 1,500 people at locations throughout the Wasatch Front and in Idaho. Progrexion offers a full range of services with an emphasis in on-line and direct response marketing. Our creativity and drive stem from our relaxed office vibe and our amazing team of over-achieving, wicked-talented experts (Facebook.com/Progrexion).
Junior DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of the DevOps team to have a holistic view of all Progrexion technical environments and to ensure frequent, reliable, high quality software deliveries. The DevOps team has a strong focus on business outcomes through co-operation between the business, developers and associated IT departments.
Our objective is to partner with the business to improve productivity through IT solutions. Achieving that objective through communication, collaboration and integration to deliver highly reliable and operable software systems is our top priority. The core responsibilities of DevOps Engineers include:
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Understanding of the platforms application functionality, system flow, and technology infrastructure.
- Develop and demonstrate, ownership for supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation and process improvement.
- Work closely with Development counterparts on requirements, issue identification and resolution, problem solving and planning related to production issues and software releases.
- Develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Provide feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying issues that impact release and service delivery.
- Development of Proof of Concepts.
- Integrating off-the-shelf and custom applications.
- Ability to code and script.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Comfort with collaboration and communicating with all areas and levels of the business
- Administration of internal business applications
- Application capacity and performance planning
- Apache Web Server
- Microsoft IIS Web Server
- Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Windows Server 20XX Administration
- Code deployment concepts and fundamentals.
- Scripting/Automation Experience (Python, Powershell, Bash, Batch)
- Software development fundamentals
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of security fundamentals