Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Pos. Category
- Information Technology
- Location : City
- Salt Lake City
- Location : State/Province
- Created Date
- Regular Full-Time
About the Company
Based in Utah, Idaho, and Arizona, Progrexion leads the credit repair industry with groundbreaking technologies and services that help consumers access and understand information contained in their credit reports, verify whether that information is fair, accurate and substantiated, and correct inaccuracies with individual creditors, other data furnishers and the national credit bureaus. Progrexion technology and services are used by Lexington Law, an independently-operated law firm, and CreditRepair.com, its wholly-owned subsidiary.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the DevOps Engineer to have a holistic view of all Progrexion technical environments. This role requires a high level of technical competency as well as the skills necessary to work closely with the business. In DevOps you must have the ability to bridge the gap when working with the Development, QA, Operations and Project Management teams. The core responsibilities of DevOps Engineers include:
- Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact.
- Understanding of the platforms application functionality, system flow, and technology infrastructure.
- Develop and demonstrate detailed, proactive ownership for supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation and process improvement.
- Work closely with Development counterparts on requirements, issue identification and resolution, problem solving and planning related to production issues and software releases.
- Design documents, and Release and Implementation plans and develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Provide feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices.
- Establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying issues that impact release and service delivery.
- Development of Proof of Concepts.
- Integrating off-the-shelf and custom applications.
- Ability to code and script.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Comfort with collaboration and communicating with all areas and levels of the business
- Administration of internal business applications
- Application capacity and performance planning
Required Skills (from most important to least)
- 5+ years of related experience
- Web server administration – Apache, Glassfish, Wildfly
- Linux (CentOS)
- Strong scripting experience – Bash, PHP, Python
- Configuration management with Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Code deployment (PHP and Java)
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, Artifactory
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Electric Cloud
- Experience with source control tools - GIT (preferred), SVN, RCS, CVS, etc
- Knowledge of software development concepts a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of database design and SQL a plus
- Understanding of SDLC
- Solid understanding of security fundamentals