Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Program Manager
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $70,050 to $105,076/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2018-35A
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategic plans, program goals, standard operating procedures, policies and procedures for engineering and construction functions.
- Applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using professional judgment.
- Provides overall engineering, and design services for Pueblo government infrastructure, including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, buildings (new construction and renovations), and other Pueblo physical assets.
- Prepares plan drawings (in AutoCAD Civil 3D), specifications, bid documents, contracts, and cost estimates for projects.
- Serves as a Project Manager; ensures timely completion, project scheduling, and invoice certification of assigned projects.
- Reviews, evaluates, certifies and processes documentation associated with submitted requests such as rights-of-way, Pueblo resources or Village Use easement issues.
- Reviews, interprets and provides recommendations of project plans, submittals, specifications and other contract related documentation.
- Prepares bid proposals and recommends awards in accordance with Pueblo Fiscal Management Policies.
- Ensures accuracy, timeliness, and quality of project plans, design, and construction.
- Assigns Project Manager(s) as primary point of contact for specific projects.
- Monitors and reports project milestones, change orders, invoices, and status of funding.
- Ensures inspection of project sites for work quality; reviews and processes construction change orders.
- Reviews, monitors and approves or rejects contractor pay requests.
- Ensures the administration of notices of Pueblo cultural or environmental issues in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Provides review and commentary on land use, public notices, and other announcements as necessary.
- Ensures the maintenance and accuracy of electronic and hard copy project files.
- Evaluates and assesses program processes and procedures; implements changes as necessary for operation effectiveness.
- Develops required narrative, statistical, and financial reports.
- Prepares and administers program budget; develops budget modifications; prepares required reports.
- Evaluates staff performance in a timely manner. Promotes self-responsibility and accountability.
- Ensures effective communication on program goals and objectives, standard operating procedures, projects and program-related activities via staff meetings or other appropriate means of communication.
- Assumes responsibilities and duties of Public Works Department Director when delegated.
- Represents the department and the Pueblo to external agencies; establishes solid relationships with programs of common interests.
- Reviews, evaluates, and presents to Pueblo Council, submitted requests such as rights-of-way, projects or property easement issues for approval.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research and attending relevant training and workshops.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a directly related field required.
- Ten years of progressive experience in infrastructure/facilities planning, infrastructure design and construction management
- Five years of surveying, and computer aided drafting experience.
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure required.
- Fluency in the Laguna language preferred.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to firstname.lastname@example.org