Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Program Manager
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $57,771 to $86,657/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2018-35
- Develops and implements strategic plans, program goals, standard operating procedures, policies and procedures for engineering and construction functions.
- Applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using professional judgment.
- Provides overall engineering, and design services for Pueblo government infrastructure, including roads, bridges, buildings (new construction and renovations), and other Pueblo physical assets.
- Prepares Auto Cad Civil 3D drawings, specifications, bid documents, contracts, and cost estimates for projects.
- Reviews, evaluates, certifies and processes design aspect of documentation associated with submitted requests such as rights-of-way, Pueblo resources or Village Use easement issues.
- Reviews, interprets and provides recommendations of project plans, submittals, specifications and other contract related documentation.
- Prepares bid proposals and recommends awards in accordance with Pueblo Fiscal Management Policies.
- Ensures accuracy, timeliness, and quality of project plans, design, and construction.
- Assigns Project Manager(s) as primary point of contact for specific projects.
- Monitors and reports project milestones, change orders, invoices, and status of funding.
- Ensures inspection of project sites for work quality; reviews and processes construction change orders.
- Reviews, monitors and approves or rejects contractor pay requests.
- Ensures the administration of notices of Pueblo cultural or environmental issues in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Provides review and commentary on land use, public notices, and other announcements as necessary.
- Ensures the maintenance and accuracy of electronic and hard copy project files.
- Evaluates and assesses program processes and procedures; implements changes as necessary for operation effectiveness.
- Develops required narrative, statistical, and financial reports.
- Prepares and administers program budget; develops budget modifications; prepares required reports.
- Evaluates staff performance in a timely manner. Promotes self-responsibility and accountability.
- Ensures effective communication on program goals and objectives, standard operating procedures, projects and program-related activities via staff meetings or other appropriate means of communication.
- Represents the department and the Pueblo to external agencies; establishes solid relationships with programs of common interests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research and attending relevant training and workshops.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- Knowledge of the functions and structure of the Pueblo of Laguna.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, practices and standards.
- Knowledge of construction management, construction drawings, and records retention.
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements and practices.
- Knowledge of project management, implementation, and administrative requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, local laws, regulations, and codes.
- Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, and math skills sufficient to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to motivate and promote team building.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels and other contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction documents.
- Ability to create/develop effective speeches and presentations.
- Skill in computer use including Word, Excel, Outlook, Auto CAD, Civil 3D and other related software
- Skill in analyzing problems, identifying solutions, and implementing appropriate courses of action and recommendations.
- Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing technical, operational, and financial reports.
- Skill and ability in program evaluation processes and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and administration.
- Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to firstname.lastname@example.org