Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Engineering Intern is responsible for supporting PXG’s R&D team with product testing, sample preparation, operating testing equipment, product quality inspections, and participating in process improvement initiatives. You’ll gain direct, hands-on experience working with the finest golf clubs produced and with a sweet spot the size of Texas!
We are seeking undergraduate students in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area (or returning to Phoenix/Scottsdale for the summer break) majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and a passion for the game of golf. Please see our “Behind the Scenes” video at careers.pxg.com for more information about our exciting internship opportunity!
- Assist the team with preparing test samples, utilizing lab equipment, and conducting testing
- Document testing results and collaborate with the team on findings
- Self-sufficiently complete mechanical design projects assigned from Engineering staff
- Conduct product quality inspections on FA samples
- Actively participate in team discussions regarding design, testing, and process improvement initiatives
- Document testing results, and collaborate with the team on findings
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- Currently obtaining an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Golf equipment knowledge a plus
- Solid critical thinking/analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and desire to be part of a highly effective and proactive team
- Experience with CAD software a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic programming knowledge a plus (MATLAB, C++, VBA, Java, etc.)
This position primarily works in an office/golf shop environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.