Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
Responsible for the care, repair and up keep of all general electrical maintenance and repair of electrical problems throughout the casino's property.
Must have extensive Electrical knowledge of the following:
- High voltage 208-408.
- Electrical installs.
- Trouble shooting electrical components such as boilers, generators, lifts stations.
- Plumbing, HVAC, Kitchen Equipment and Fire Sprinkler Systems.
- Performs work on and maintains all electrical systems in the facility.
- Repairs all electrical problems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all electrical systems.
- Tests all electrical systems, including emergency generator according to predetermined schedule.
- Keeps all electrical rooms neat, clean and in good repair.
- Ensures no items other than electrical supplies are stored in electrical rooms.
- Installs and repairs wiring, including low voltage wiring.
- Promptly responds to all repair requests
- Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures and to the MICS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must possess an Electrical Journeyman License issued through New Mexico Construction Industries Division.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NM driver’s license.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Cultural sensitivity required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission non gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to provide strong customer service.
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a Team Player.
Essential Physical Functions
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talks and hear.
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75lbs for short intervals of time.
- Must be able to work various hours as needed including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace with accuracy.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver around the facility as needed to collect and distribute all necessary materials.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a long duration of time.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Standard maintenance tools (screw drivers, hammers, wrenches, etc.).
- Large capacity trash can.
- Various electrical tools.
Electricians' work is sometimes strenuous. They may stand for long periods and frequently work on ladders and scaffolds. Their working environment varies, depending on the type of job. Some may work in dusty, dirty, hot, or wet conditions, or in confined areas, or other uncomfortable places. Electricians risk injury from electrical shock, falls, and cuts. To avoid injuries, they must follow strict safety procedures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee duties are performed indoors in a climate controlled environment and outdoors during various weather conditions. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment. Equipment must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.