Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT NETWORK ENGINEER
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
The Network Engineer will work with the Systems/Ops Manager and the IT Director in implementation and development of IT related projects. The Network Engineer will need to exercise continuous monitoring and maintenance of computer systems, network server hardware, software applications and communication links in use at the casino.
- Install, configure and support the casino’s local area network (LAN) and internet systems.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Plan, coordinate and implement with Systems/Ops Manager & I.T Director network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware.
- Plan, coordinate and implement server maintenance and upgrades for software and hardware.
- Collaborate with Systems/Ops Manager & /T Director to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes and service records.
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs and UPSs.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations.
- Routine network administration and maintenance including user access.
- Make sure all virus software is up-to-date and clean any infected network resource.
- Perform system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Test recovery procedures.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Respond to inquiries concerning systems operation and network operation. Diagnoses and troubleshoot software, hardware, network, phone and wiring problems.
- Create documentation of each system and keep department procedures up-to-date.
- Assists IT Team by providing backup/relief support for all positions.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- BS in Information Technology or related field preferred. Will substitute experience on a year for year basis.
- Require two to four years work experience in the computer science field or work in specialized casino related computer systems and software. MSCA / MSCE strongly desirable.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high stress environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with the following systems are required :
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Server 2000 / 20003
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 / Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server
- DNS Server , DHCP server, and TCP/IP
- IBM AS400 / IBM X Series
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Experience with the following are desirable:
- Cisco PIX Firewall
- Cisco Catalyst 3548 Switches
- Cisco 6500 series Core Switch
- Symantec products
- Cisco Wireless Networking using 802.11X
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a Team Player
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talks and hear.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work various hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver around the office and the facility, as needed, to collect and distribute all necessary documents.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Computer, servers.
- All traditional office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment. Equipment must be properly used or they can be potentially hazardous.