Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Engineer - Smart Grid IT
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Digital Energy Solutions has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Technical Support Engineer within the SGIT (Smart Grid IT) division. The essential responsibility of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide world-class Tier-1 and Tier-2 technical support to customers using our Electric SCADA™ and EcoStruxure™ ADMS products.
A career at Schneider Electric's Smart Grid Group puts you on the cutting-edge of the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation. Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure™ Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) is the first software platform in the world that successfully integrates the full suite of power distribution management and optimization applications, including SCADA, DMS, OMS, EMS, FLISR and DERMS. EcoStruxure™ ADMS has become a critical success factor to sustain the operations of power utilities and distribution networks across North America and Canada.
A successful Support Engineer is passionate about the customer and is confident enough to provide technical leadership to resolve highly complex technical problems affecting our customer's real-time infrastructures and services, including, but not limited to:
- Providing world-class Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to external SCADA and ADMS customers through multiple channels (phone, email, web).
- Applying problem-solving skills to investigate and resolve issues affecting mission-critical systems running Electric SCADA™ and EcoStruxure™ ADMS software.
- Taking ownership of support cases and service requests from customers. Troubleshooting and escalating appropriately to other team members, while keeping all stakeholders informed of the progress.
- Work closely with Support Leads, Subject Matter Experts and System Admins during the Testing, Deployment and Support stages of projects.
- Continuously creating helpful documentation through the capture of relevant information during each support interaction
- This is a customer-facing role.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or information technology, (or related field with computer emphasis)
- 2+ years of technical IT support experience or IT consulting services in a B2B client service provider role
- 2+ years of experience in a primary role developing, deploying, testing or supporting SCADA or ADMS applications strongly desired. Experience supporting OASyS™ DNA, Electric SCADA™ or EcoStruxure™ ADMS software considered a plus.
- Experience with OASyS DNA, Electric SCADA or DMS/ADMS software strongly desired
- Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, C++, C#, .NET, SQL, TCP/IP, Web Services and Active Directory, Deployment or Troubleshooting experience required. Professional certification not required but considered a plus
- Relational database skills. Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, with the ability to write queries, troubleshoot database errors, optimize performance and debug stored procedures or scripts.
- Knowledge of communication protocols standard to the electric industry like ICCP and DNP3
- Strong troubleshooting tactics and problem solution skills are required, and may be evaluated during the interview
- Experience working with electric utility companies preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently on assignments, while consistently meeting deadlines and SLAs
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be able to display a courteous and professional demeanor with a positive attitude
- Must be willing to relocate to Houston, TX
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.