Steward Health - Corporate
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Desktop Engineer
at Steward Health - Corporate
Under general direction of the Manager Client Infrastructure Design, the Senior Deskttop Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing standard configurations and software images for the Steward Health Care System desktop and end user computing environment. The Senior Desktop Engineer will develop, manage and implement new hardware configurations and maintain the existing desktop images in a large dynamic enterprise with more than 35,000 desktops and laptops. The Senior Desktop Engineer will also configure, deploy & maintain software installation packages. Install and maintain new computer hardware including in the lab/testbed environment. The Senior Desktop Engineer will also configure & maintain the SCCM & 1E Windows Servicing Suite environments. Multitasking, critical as well as creative thinking, and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment are essential skills for this role.
- Education: 4 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 5 years’ experience in a customer services focused environments.
- MCSE Preferred
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), OS Deployment Pack (MDT Preferred), Patch Management and WSUS – 1E Windows Suite experience required
- Expert level administration and troubleshooting of Windows OS’s including Server OS
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory security and Group Policy Objects
- Networking fundamentals
- Understanding of the ITSM - ITIL Certification preferred
- Windows Performance Monitor and Microsoft Network Monitor
- PowerShell scripting – PowerShell App Deploy Toolkit experience required
- Occasional Travel is required to Steward Health Care Hospital facilities