Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible for Managing and Maintaining the Steward Health Care LAN/WLAN/WAN infrastructure which connects Hospitals and Branch Offices to the corporate network. This includes maintaining routers, switches, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network problems; coordinating installation and maintenance of network hardware and systems, and project implementation. Works with other network and security engineers and provides leadership and mentoring as needed.
- Performs installation, upgrade, maintenance and decommissioning of network electronics, software, and solutions.
- Recommends hardware and software acquisitions to meet projected demands.
- Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documenting, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
- Notifies Management of problem areas.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
- Off-hours availability for emergencies and maintenance windows is required.
- Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
- Three to five years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks.
- Current CCNA Certification is required.
- Additional preferred industry certifications include: CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certification, CISSP.
- Strong understanding of IP subnetting and routing protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience with Cisco network products, and Network Management Systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot network/security related issues and manage components in a production environment is critical.
- Ability to prioritize projects and daily work-flow.
- Excellent teamwork & communication skills are required.
- Must have a strong customer geared focus.
- Ability to plan and be proactive in approach.
- Must possess the ability to solve problems creatively following Stewards Healthcare standards.
- Ability to deploy, manage, monitor and document complex network infrastructures.
- Experience with the following is desired
- Cisco VoIP
- Juniper Firewalls
- F5 network load balancers
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl is desirable.
- Cisco Nexus class and ACI experiences
- Experience with Unix (especially FreeBSD and Linux) is desirable.
- Previous experience in health care environment insurance company is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled