Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Process Engineer. This position will lead manufacturing engineering process development and improvement for machining operations in the manufacturing of shock absorber rods. The machining processes to be supported are focused on turning operations on medium carbon steel in both multi spindle automatic screw machines and in CNC turning centers. This Process Engineer will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will become a valued member of the Production department where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Manage process development projects and coordinate activities with various internal & external customers
- Develop manufacturing process designs and coordinate with tooling and equipment sources for construction & validation
- Create APQP documents including Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s, and
- Control Plans
- Lead capital and tooling acquisitions, analysis and strategies
- Assist in design and applications of gages and fixtures
- Support manufacturing with launch and continuous improvement activities
- Ability to trouble shoot and assist maintenance in equipment and process problems
- Provide technical support and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program management staffs
- Support and adhere to Tenneco EH&S policies and procedures
- Support TS16949, ISO14001, APQP and other applicable procedures and policies
- Provide input for design for manufacturability, process yield and capacity.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in tool and manufacturing process development with knowledge of AutoCad
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization
- Ability to travel in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers etc.)
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- 5+ years of work experience related to manufacturing engineering process development and support with 3 years of metal cutting.
- Metal cutting process and tool design.
- Machining process troubleshooting and improvements.
- CNC Lathe experience is a plus
- Screw Machine experience is a plus
- High volume automotive manufacturing is a plus