The Friedkin Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Security Engineer
at The Friedkin Group
We are seeking a Sr. Network Security Engineer to help lead and innovate our network security solutions. This highly technical, hands-on role operates as part of the enterprise IT Security team and works closely with the Network Team to design, deploy, standardize, maintain and audit network security. You will need to work both interdependently and effectively as a member of cross functional teams. Work will also include assisting the IT Security team in non-network security projects as needed. The ability to initiate and manage complex projects helps ensure successful execution. If you are a high energy, with a "can-do", highly collaborative style with a thorough understanding of network security, we want to talk to you.
- Audit firewall configurations and rules
- Conduct network security monitoring
- Lead network security incident response
- Conduct network design reviews and develop recommendations for improving security posture
- Perform packet and network system analysis using tools like SolarWinds, Wireshark, Nmap, NetStat, ARP, Firemon etc.
- Audit and help support Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and other remote access technologies
- Lead selection and use of new network security technologies
- Support network Disaster Recovery
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand network security requirements
- Develop network security policies that align with business needs and the risk management strategy
- Ensure optimal implementation and configuration of network intrusion detection and preventions systems
- Assist with design, configuration and management of web security gateways
Does not manage people but may lead projects.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology and 10+ years of IT network and network security work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive expertise in routing, switching, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and secure design
- Excellent understanding of security best practices
- Experience design and audit of network segmentation solutions
- Ability to produce architecture diagrams and requisite documentation
- Experienced with remote access and site-to-site networking technologies
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- A problem solving attitude
- A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS
CISCO CCNP Security, Fortinet Network Security Expert or similar certifications desired
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing