The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Software Engineering
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Manager, Software Engineering
We are seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to lead and oversee a team of Software Development and QA. Our teams thrive with a seasoned leader, having a technical background delivering customer facing applications. Additionally, strong team building experience is desired and having a track record of supporting internal and external customers is beneficial.
Are you ready for your next challenge as our Manager of Software Engineering?
What You'll be Doing
- Drives the engineering efforts of software development within the organization. Oversees the programming and modification of proprietary software applications. Stays informed of business requirements and measures Company success in meeting those requirements through high software development productivity and customer satisfaction
- Serves as a key interface with internal and external stakeholders in technical product development. Seeks customer feedback during the development process to ensure continuous improvement and timely resolution of customer issues presented with the application of new releases into production
- Contributes to the strategic planning of new software architecture and development initiatives to ensure the solution remains relevant in terms of latest technology trends and talent skills. Assists in the creation and monitoring of reliable software development estimates. This includes the active management of a technical debt baseline and decision making of when technical debt needs to be paid down
- Meets with internal management and end users on a regular basis to define and understand complex business processes and requirements, and communicate project status
- Meets with department staff on a regular basis to receive and validate project status reports, discuss and assist with design, prioritization and production issues, and provide mentoring and technical leadership
- Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of computer software systems and related hardware interface components, based on functional and system requirements, to produce accurate and timely results for Company products. Works independently with a minimum of assistance/guidance
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle
- Leads team in producing their best work, including task delegation, mentoring, resolving disputes, performance management, recruiting, and optimizing development operations for high employee satisfaction and productivity
- Identifies and communicates issues with software design and project implementation to stakeholders in a timely manner. Provides regular project status reports including measurement of project completion and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Develops and manages budgets for software development projects
What You'll Bring to the Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Four to six years of experience in software design and development
- Three to five years of experience in project management
- Three to five years of experience in managing a software development team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Thorough familiarity with the product development life cycle and extensive hands-on experience with multiple methodologies
- In-depth understanding of iterative software development lifecycle methodology, such as Agile
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills. Ability to provide technical mentoring to direct reports, evaluate technical alternatives, and provide recommendations
- Proficiency in project management techniques
- Ability to manage multiple project teams simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving environment.
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
As a Manager of Software Engineer, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification that will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!