The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Designs, develops and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as electronics, plastics, instruments, controls, etc. May be involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation and/or repair of mechanical components of electronic products. Provides engineering support for existing products, principally in the electronic areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the initial and ongoing design review of new hardware. Designs, develops and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment.
- Works closely with manufacturing, industrial design and electrical engineering to ensure automated mass production, ergonomic, aesthetic, reliable, durable and functional products.
- Works closely with other engineers for the management of new product introduction including vendor sourcing, approvals, and costing. Ensures that quality criteria are met for all products.
- Provides support to Product Management, Manufacturing and Engineering Change Request program for existing products, processes and equipment. Recommends design changes to improve quality, manufacturability and ease of assembly.
- Identifies process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies.
- Provides creative problem solving, life cycle planning, and failure analysis using root cause investigation and experiments.
- Provides leadership to manufacturing personnel in developing and implementing product and process improvements.
- Provides input and recommendations to Quality Assurance Manufacturing regarding the development of test equipment and methods of testing for reliability evaluation, and quality assurance and inspection requirements.
- Develops 3-D CAD models and part drawings, provides tolerance analysis, and uses design for assembly (DFA) and design for manufacturing (DFM) best practices.
- Conducts linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on critical components.
- Uses ray trace analysis software in the design of optical components
- Provides succinct and professional project updates to management on an ongoing basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience with full product cycle from concept to manufacturability.
- Understanding of product development process for mass volume production design, with a focus on design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for serviceability.
- Experience with packaging of consumer and industrial electronic products.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software.
- Working knowledge of Ansys or equivalent FEA software.
- Working knowledge of computer aided simulated drop using FEA preferred.
- Experience with failure and root cause analysis of plastic and metal components used in electronic products.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma, and Green or Black belt certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to manage multiple products ongoing.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to identify diverse technical constraints and develop solutions.
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills.
- Change management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Benefits include - 11 paid holidays, Medical insurance 1st of the month after 90 days, 401K with match.
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!