The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDERS HQ - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking for a company with a stable environment, a positive and inviting company culture, or an organization that believes in a healthy work/life balance? Look no further!
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Software Engineers—a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are growing and looking to expand our top notch Software Engineering team !!!
About the Role
As a Software Engineer, you will work on various aspects of our solutions, which consist of a high degree of complexity and scope. Using your development experience, techniques and capabilities, you will work collaboratively within our Agile Scrum framework. There will be opportunities to provided technical insight and direction to the team and optimize development efforts to achieve the most efficient use of available computing resources through effective use of best practices and design patterns.
What You Will be Doing
- Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of software systems and related hardware interface components, based on product and system requirements
- Participates in the support and advancement of existing solutions
- Provides technical support, trouble-shooting and problem resolution
- Adheres to quality control software development best practices
- Works collaboratively as an Agile team member
- Participates in an Agile development environment
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to less experienced software engineers
- Maintains current knowledge of new technologies
- Participates in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings
- Designs new object oriented techniques and frameworks and incorporates best solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring to this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on software development or relevant experience
- At least 2 years development experience in and Agile environment
- Software development experience and skills in the following areas:
- Object Oriented Development, Service Oriented Development, Security best practices
- C#, ASP.NET and .NET Core
- Angular 4, CSS, DHTML, jQuery
- RESTful Service Implementation
- Entity Framework 6.0
- Relational database experience, SQL Server
- Use of various change control technologies
- Knowledge of multi-user, multi-tasking software capabilities and constraints
- Solid technical and analytical skills
- Experience with self-organizing teams
- Team player
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate with Product Owner, Scrum Team
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a solid, established, and growing organization. Our technical teams continue perfecting their Agile effectiveness and continuous integration and your addition to the team will propel us to the next level. As a valued contributor to our continued success, you will be provided with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!