The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - SR
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Software Engineer, Sr.
Experienced Software Engineers—a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineers to develop and modify software programs of a high degree of complexity and scope.
About the Role
Develops and modifies software programs of a high degree of complexity and scope, using a thorough knowledge of current software development techniques and capabilities. Provides technical support to applications programmers and lower level software engineers. Works to achieve the most efficient use of available hardware through effective use of software programs and routines. May lead the work of lower level software engineers.
What You’ll be Doing
- Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of computer software systems and related hardware interface components, based on functional and system requirements, to produce accurate and timely results for Company products. Works independently with a minimum of assistance/guidance.
- Assists the Technical Leads in analyzing system specifications and translating system requirements to task specifications for lower level Software Engineers
- Maintains current knowledge of new computer and software technology and advanced knowledge of electronic monitoring industry and user trends for Company products.
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports. Resolves issues or assigns to lower level Software Engineers for resolution. Provides status reports to management.
- Prepares and provides product training for Company technical support and systems administration staff as needed.
- Develops and documents functional specifications for Company designed products.
- Provides mentoring, technical leadership and guidance to lower level software engineers in best practices and appropriate use of design patterns. Mentors other department staff members as needed.
- Studies available software and makes recommendations concerning purchase of software packages from vendors or development of in-house programs.
- Participates in the project planning process and suggests methods and improvements to compete projects on time and within budget.
- Supports software development projects through the entire lifecycle, including design, development, test and production release.
- Researches and designs new object oriented techniques and frameworks and incorporates best solutions into the software infrastructure.
- Participates in scrum meetings to provide project status and identify project roadblocks, as necessary.
- Participates in Sprint Planning to plan the work and development tasks for the next software release.
What You’ll Bring to this Position
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also need to develop timely, creative, working software oriented solutions to specific end-user problems while remaining within the context of overall product specification problems while remaining within the context of overall product specification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 7+ years hands-on software development or relevant experience.
- At least 5+ years development experience in and Agile environment.
- In-depth software development experience and skills in the following areas:
- Object Oriented Development, Service Oriented Development, Security best practices
- C#, ASP.NET and .NET Core
- Angular 4, CSS, DHTML, jQuery
- Xamarin, HTML5, iOS and Android
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or higher, Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher
- Entity Framework 6.0, Telerik, Crystal Reports
- Relational database experience, SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Extensive use of various change control technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of multi-user, multi-tasking software capabilities and constraints.
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills.
- Outstanding team player.
- Experience with self-organizing teams.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Ability to learn new technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies.
- Expert knowledge of standard development tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical mentoring to peers.
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate with Product Manager and Scrum Team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to information stored in operational databases.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification that will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!