Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automotive Customer Rep. / Resident Engineer
- Wichita, KS, USA
Automotive Customer Rep. / Resident Engineer
Reporting to: Resident Engineering Manager
Objectives Of The Role This job is key for the success of our Automotive Customer Rep. (Liaison) business, so following objectives should be accomplished to the highest feasible standards.
This Broad Goal Can Be Split Into Following Activities
Main objective is to avoid the official claims from the customer mainly through preventive actions as well as corrective ones.
- Ensure customer satisfaction - technical support of the customer, customer support in quality issues and promotion of contracted customer's reputation
- Build a tight and solid professional relationship with customer at plant level.
- Be identified as the contracted customer's representative, qualified to deal with customer production issues. Get customer credibility through fulfilled commitments.
- Ensure an open and straight communication line between OEM and the contracted customer
- Suggest improvements to both OEM and contracted customer.
- Immediately analyze problems at OEM's facility to find the proper solution (and avoid claim), and inform affected production plants to take appropriate corrective actions. Proactive channeling of information on existing claims to the Plant to perform the analysis and solve them.
- Provide continuous feedback to the customer about the status and evolution of existing claims as soon as possible.
- Participate in the customer meetings, as required.
- Seek continuous feedback, formal and informal, of customer satisfaction degree about our product and service.
- Audit regularly how the customer handles our products.
- Keep him/herself trained and updated on technical and quality related specifics and business topics through regular meetings and visits to contracted partner's
- Be aware of and transmit to his/her TRIGO Resident liaison Manager any project or initiative taken by our competitors.
- Report on a regular basis (defined by the supervisor) to the dedicated contracted partner's team or contact partner.
- Participate on any prototype, pre-serial builds or line trials, launch support and engineering changes at Customer as needed.
- Reports to the TRIGO Country Resident Manager internally and to the defined contacts externally.
- Involvement in customer requirements concerning technical changes, technical support of the customer
- Representation of contracted partner and the interest of the customer
- Coordinate repair and/or Sorting activities on site. Starting any sorting or rework activity must be executed only based on written confirmation by the contracted client.
Process to be defined during the project kick-off meeting.
- Problem solve and eliminate quality issues before they escalate into problems is key to be successful.
- Direct involvement with all cross-functional teams (quality, logistics, production and engineering teams) in understanding quality concerns, data collection, measurement analysis and root cause identification.
- Understand, adhere to and practice safety guidelines in the production environment.
- Works according to TRIGO's Resident Engineering service description, processes and templates.
- Works precisely, effectively and following deadlines.
- Communicate and behave exemplary and according to TRIGO's and the contracted partner's values.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) ability will set you ahead of the pack
- 3 year experience in the automotive industry is a must.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Both Written and Verbal
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships
- Ability to deal with pressure and ambiguous situations.
- Eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Strong integrity, used to act as company's rep.
- Able to build a long-term win-win patterns with client.
- Honest, committed, trustworthy
- Communication a plus with excellent problem solving and customer relationship
skills: Problem-solving ability
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Working familiarity of automotive OEM quality systems, including TS-16949 requirements
- Ability to be/work on call at any time.
We offer an attractive compensation package. Only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates may apply directly on our site at: https://trigogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
For over 30 years, PIC has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, PIC provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Following a merger with TRIGO Group in November 2015, PIC has expanded its geographic footprint globally and created the largest and most comprehensive breadth of quality solutions available worldwide. Our team of over 8,000 professionals delivers Quality Assurance Services in over 20 countries. For more information, visit www.trigo-group.com.
Trigo Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.